Thursday, September 13, 2012

iPhone 5 for me? Nope, not this time.

I'm used to handing my money over to Apple.  I've been an iPhone fan boy for a while now, being a truly "mobile professional" who works remotely in Seattle from Blurb's corporate headquarters in San Francisco.  The iPhone has really changed my life (I was going to say "literally" but Joe Biden has kind of given that word a bad rap of late).  I bought my 4S on the day of release.  So those that know me probably expect I'll be on the early train with the 5.  Nope, not this time.

One thing I found about Apple phones is it as much about the OS as about the new hardware.  The stuff coming in iOS6 is very cool but it will fit nicely on my 4S thank you.  The 4S boasted the new camera, not much improvement it appears on the 5. LTE? Love it but it won't arrive in Seattle until end of the year and AT&Ts version won't work with LTE in Europe, where I travel often. Bigger screen, lighter weight?  Could be nice but I'll have to hold one to know if it will feel good in my hand.

So bottom line is that I won't be up at midnight to pre-order this time. Once the din has died down I'll take a look live but this may be a situation where I wait for version 5.1.

No comments: