Thursday, May 24, 2012

Yahoo Axis: A surprising fresh take on mobile browsers. From @gigaom

Yahoo announced the launch of a new mobile browser on Thursday: Yahoo Axis is available in the iTunes App Store for iOS devices and will be supported on other mobile platforms in the future. An Axis plugin for HTML5 browsers on the desktop allows for browsing sessions and searches to be synchronized from smartphone to computer. With Axis, Yahoo is attempting to turn the browser from “destination to companion.”
I was leery when I heard the news about Axis, mainly because Yahoo’s mobile strategy has arguably been second-rate by comparison to Apple, Google, and Microsoft. Then I took Axis for a spin on my iPhone and I was pleasantly surprised. In my opinion, Yahoo has accomplished its stated goals with Axis, and its peers could learn something from the venerable search company.
More here....http://wtr.mn/Lj5Dz4

No comments: